Committee on Teacher Education (COTE)
The Committee on Teacher Education (COTE) was initiated in September, 2000 to provide a forum for discussing and resolving issues that affect the delivery of teacher education at IUPUI. In addition, COTE coordinates the activities undertaken at IUPUI in connection with Indiana University's 21st Century Teacher Project. This project seeks to increase collaboration among faculty from liberal arts, science, education, and public schools to improve teacher education at all levels. We view education as a continuumï¿½K-16ï¿½and thus we seek to incorporate the perspectives of colleagues in the public schools in our thinking about teacher preparation.
- Promote greater communication and collaboration among all IUPUI faculty, including those in the liberal arts and sciences, who are stakeholders in enhancing the quality of teacher preparation.
- Advise the School of Education and other programs offering teacher education at IUPUI on the development of practices and programs designed to enhance the quality of teacher preparation.
- Encourage closer involvement with IUPUI of school personnel in the Central Indiana region.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of IUPUI's teacher education programs.
COTE membership includes School of Education faculty and administrators, faculty and administrators from liberal arts and sciences, and other programs offering teacher preparation experiences, and representatives of schools in Central Indiana.
- 2003-2004 COTE Annual Report
- 2004-2005 COTE Annual Report
- 2005-2006 COTE Annual Report
- 2006-2007 COTE Annual Report