Accelerated Improvement Process (AIP)
Accelerated Improvement is a tool for quickly improving or creating a process. Group meeting time is concentrated into two very structured 3-4 hour meetings. A majority of the project work (data collection, flowcharting, benchmarking) is done outside formal meeting times by just a few members of the group and a facilitator. Meeting time can then be spent on generating and prioritizing solutions and developing action plans.
- Meeting Facilitation
- Process Improvement
Please contact Karen Black (274 - 4111) or kblack at iupui.edu for further information about how to implement this process improvement technique in your department.
Placement Testing Services in Support of Academic Advising (TC)
This section includes placement testing information that academic counselors or faculty advisors at IUPUI can refer to in conjunction with students’ placement test results that are reported via the Student Information System (SIS).
Presently, Best Practices Task Force members are drafting campus wide performance indicators on best practices. Preliminary indicators are listed below.
- Goal 1: Conduct effective planning & improvement processes
- Goal 2: Provide good stewardship of resources
- Goal 3: Respond to and manage expectations of stakeholders
- Goal 4: Provide effective human & physical resources to further the mission of the institution.
- Goal 5: Communicate and manage reputation