The 2014 Assessment Institute (Official Website link)
Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
350 West Maryland Street
Pre-Institute Workshops: October 19, 2014
Institute Dates: October 20 - 21, 2014
How to plan your Institute experience
The Institute is designed to introduce you to innovations in assessment that you can use in your own setting. Plenary events are presented by national assessment leaders. Concurrent sessions provide a more in-depth perspective on specific topics. A poster session will present details about instruments or techniques. In addition, make some time for networking and enjoying the city of Indianapolis!
What you´ll learn at the Institute
You will learn about new techniques and proven approaches in a variety of outcomes assessment areas, including general education and major fields, as well as high impact practices (first-year, civic engagement, learning communities, service learning, capstones, etc.), ePortfolios, faculty development, global learning, STEM ( science, technology, engineering, mathematics) education, and student affairs programs and services, each of which has its own track throughout the schedule. Several sessions are designed for beginners and others are for the more experienced practitioner.
Who should attend the Assessment Institute
Faculty, student affairs professionals, and administrators who have an interest in or responsibility for assessment should attend. Maximize the benefit of the Institute for your institution by bringing a campus team.
What to Expect at the Institute
- Pre-Institute Workshops ~ Pre-Institute workshops are optional in-depth sessions offered on Sunday, October 27, for an additional fee..
- Track Keynotes and Related Workshops ~
Track keynote sessions feature leaders in assessment of High Impact Practices (First-Year, Civic Engagement, Learning Communities, Service Learning, Capstones, etc.), ePortfolios, Faculty Development, Global Learning, STEM ( science, technology, engineering, mathematics) Education, and Student Affairs Programs and Services.
- Concurrent Sessions ~
Concurrent 60-minute interactive sessions will provide access to experts in all the tracks listed above plus Accreditation, Major Fields, Assessment Methods, Community Colleges, Institution-Wide Data Collection/Use, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA), Use of Technologies in Assessment, and General Education.
- Poster Session ~Assessment methods, practices, and findings that are best shared in a visual format and one-on-one discussion are presented during the poster session on Monday, October 20.
Brochures will be mailed in late August. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please send your name and address to Shirley Yorger at email@example.com.
- 2013 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis - Program Book | Handouts
- 2012 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2011 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2010 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2009 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2008 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2007 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2006 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2005 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2004 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2003 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2002 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2001 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 2000 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis
- 1999 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis