2008 Assessment Institute
Brochure | Flyer (PDF) | Pre-Institute Workshops | Full Schedule (PDF) | Schedule-at-a-Glance | Fees | Registration | Hotel
Keynote Presenters | Contacts | Sponsors, Advertisers, and Exhibitors | Past Institutes | Handouts | Home
The 2008 Assessment Institute
The Westin Indianapolis
50 South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana
October 26-28, 2008
Statement of Mission
The Assessment Institute in Indianapolis is the nation´s oldest and largest event focused exclusively on Outcomes Assessment in Higher Education and is designed to provide opportunities for:
- individuals and campus teams new to outcomes assessment to acquire foundation knowledge about the field,
- individuals who have worked as leaders in outcomes assessment to extend their knowledge and skills,
- those interested in outcomes assessment at any level to establish networks that serve as sources of support and expertise beyond the dates of the Institute.
About the Institute
How to plan your Institute experience
The Institute is designed to introduce you to innovations in assessment that you can use. You may choose concurrent workshops that provide a more in-depth perspective on a particular topic or the Best Practices Presentations to gather ideas about specific instruments or techniques. Be sure to make some time for networking and enjoying the city of Indianapolis.
What you´ll learn at the Institute
You will learn about new techniques, approaches, and ideas in a variety of outcomes assessment areas, including general education and major fields as well as civic engagement, student development, and electronic portfolios, each of which has its own track throughout the schedule. Several sessions are designed for beginners and others are for the more experienced practitioner.
Who should attend the Assessment Institute
Faculty, student affairs professionals, and administrators who have an interest in or responsibility for assessment should attend. Maximize the benefit of the Institute for your institution by bringing a campus team.
What to expect at the Institute
- Pre-Institute Workshops ~ Pre-Institute workshops are optional in-depth sessions offered on Sunday, November 4, for an additional fee.
- Track Keynotes and Related Workshops ~ Keynote sessions feature leaders in assessment of Civic Engagement, ePortfolios, Faculty Development, First-Year Experience, and Student Development and Diversity.
- Other Concurrent Workshops ~ Concurrent 75-minute interactive workshops will provide access to experts in all the tracks listed above plus Accreditation, Major Fields, Assessment Methods, Community Colleges, and General Education.
- Best Practices Presentations ~ Some fifty 30-minute presentations will focus on specific processes, methods, or initiatives. These presentations draw from all Institute tracks.
- Poster Sessions ~ Assessment methods, practices, and findings that are best shared in a visual format and one-on one discussion are presented during the poster sessions.